life is good

Sunday, March 12, 2006

I'm going in...

Some go to Dubose Retreat Center in Monteagle, TN to focus on spiritual discipline, to take time apart from the distractions and stresses of the world. I like to go for demanding, in-your-face interviews. To each his own, I guess.

I'll be going before the board of ordained ministry in the morning. On some levels, this is a very efficient and affirming process, on others--not so much. But I've been considering, what does God think of this whole thing? I hope God chuckles at least a little bit at our faithful fumbling--as we ourselves should do from time to time. What I know is that God can work even through (or inspite of) our sometimes silly efforts at qualifying and classifying the things that he is and does.

Thanks for your prayers.