life is good

Friday, July 14, 2006

Disconnected


Hello from Chapel Hill, Tennessee-- proud(?) to be the birthplace of Nathan Bedford Forest.

Quite frankly I'm loving it here. There is so much excitement for being a part of seeing God's Kingdom on earth. Jenny and I watched our three-year-old dance around the yard at dusk while fireflys flew around her head--and it felt good to be content.

One catalyst of my contentment may have actually been the most difficult reality when we arrived--there is little electronic communication happening here. The church is off-line, the house was until recently. Friends and family thought I was shunning them because I was not returning email. I realized that I have trouble operating and communicating at a slower pace. It's been a good practice for me, but I hope to have the church online, website and all in the next couple of weeks.